In May 2020, the European Commission issued the Renovation Wave Roadmap with the aim to achieve better buildings’ energy efficiency and higher renovation rates. As explained in our Position Paper Fire Safe Europe believes that inserting fire safety and fire resilience in the Renovation Wave could contribute to its objectives, such as:
- To stimulate the volume and depth of renovation;
- To tackle worst performing buildings and energy poverty;
- To have the public sector and public buildings lead by example.
That’s why Fire Safe Europe has been working towards the inclusion of fire safety and fire resilience in the Renovation Wave Initiatives, like:
- The 2021 Revision of the Energy Efficiency Directive;
- The 2021 Revision of the Renewable Energy Directive;
- The 2021 Revision of the Energy Performance of Building Directive.