Dr. Babrauskas presented the following three suggested solutions on how to learn from past fire incidents in a systematic way:
- All serious fires should be investigated in the context of an established, governmental investigation system;
- It must be mandatory to establish a competent guard/patrol service for certain high-risk situations;
- Scientific journal is needed to deliver information pertinent to fire incidents and present engineering analyses.
To learn more about these three suggested solutions, watch the entire webinar video below.
FSEU would like to thank Dr. Babrauskas for sharing his knowledge with us and for making this webinar possible.
He made history by becoming the first-ever fire expert to have been awarded the Ph.D. degree in fire protection engineering, from the University of California, Berkeley. In addition to this great achievement, he also holds degrees in Physics and Structural Engineering.
You may have heard of his notable achievements:
- The mastermind behind the Cone Calorimeter;
- The fire expert that invented the furniture calorimeter;
- The author of 350 articles and reports as well as three reference books, including the Ignition Handbook (which is perhaps the largest book written on fire safety by a single individual.);
- And his continued work on a scientific study for electrical fires.
- If you have missed the webinar or would like to watch it again, the video recording is available here
- Get accesses to the full presentation here
- Help us spread the word: #EUCanBeFireSafe
- Follow us on social media and subscribe to our newsletter (form below) to stay up-to-date with the latest fire safety news and FSEU activities