What is the Fire Exchange Platform (FIEP)?
The Fire Exchange Platform (FIEP) was created by the European Commission DG Grow in 2017 thanks to the work of the European Parliament which debated fire safety in buildings at a plenary session in September 2017, and thanks to Fire Safe Europe’ #EuCanBeFireSafe campaign.
The Fire Exchange Platform (FIEP)’s objectives are to stimulate the cooperation among the Member States as well as to allow the exchange of best practices and lessons learnt between the Member States and relevant stakeholders in the field of fire safety.
The areas of collaboration that the FIEP members pinpointed are:
- Lessons Learned: Exchange of experiences from fire accidents (Project team 1)
- New Products: Regulatory approach for new products and high-rise buildings (Project team 2)
- Fire Prevention: Application of fire prevention principles (Project team 3)
- Fire Safety Engineering: Use of fire engineering approach in building regulations
- Data Collection: Common terminology and fire statistics (Supported by the European Parliament)
The project teams 1 and 2, working on lesson learned and new products, gathered on 29 June 2018 for a first meeting.
Project team 3 on fire prevention met for the first time on 14 September 2018 (link 404 – find the article).