FSEU Network Expert Pieter Maes is a firefighter & Instructor at CFBT – Compartment Fire Behaviour Training. He is also part of the Brandweerman In Nood (Firefighter Mayday) which is a specific training program to train firefighters on how to help their own people if things go wrong.
This webinar will take place on Friday 3 November at 2 pm Brussels time. This is a webinar by a firefighter for firefighters, and for anyone who is interested in the reality of firefighter on the ground. It will focus on three key issues:
- How to address the gap between the perception of what being a firefighter means by the general public and the reality
- The truth of modern firefighting: smoke diving
- How can firefighters do their job best while staying safe and healthy?
The presentation which Pieter will show you was brought for the first time to the European Parliament on 28 September, during a Roundtable called “Firefighters at high risk of getting cancer”
A few rules to keep in mind:
- Participants will be muted
- Questions can be sent through chat to the host, they are then picked up after the presentation
- This is an open meeting, everybody can see everybody unless you switch your video off
We hope to see you there!